Thursday, December 13, 2007

12/13 : Holy Crap

Well, over the last 3 days I spent a total of about 35 hours editing a film for one of my classes. What a mentally draining experience, holy crap. Anyways it's done, I'll post it to youtube as soon as I export a smaller version and post it here.

As far as poker goes, I've made $300 in the last two days. Not bad considering how tired I am and how little time I had.

I decided I'm going to buy some new stuff. I'm going to get a new Apple mini, which will have a 2.0 ghz processor and 2 gigs of ram. It should make movie editing and other stuff much easier. Editing on my old 512 ram laptop was a bitch. I have to admit though, that thing held up like that jewish oil lamp that lasted 8 days. It was pretty heroic.

Here's some hands for the day:

Fataility Hand:
Seat 1: tokenjewboy (535 in chips)
Seat 2: maxv2 (2465 in chips)
maxv2: posts small blind 15
tokenjewboy: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to maxv2 [Th Ks]
maxv2: raises 510 to 540
tokenjewboy: calls 505 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [Qs 8d 9s]
*** TURN *** [Qs 8d 9s] [6c]
*** RIVER *** [Qs 8d 9s 6c] [Jd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
tokenjewboy: shows [Kc Ad] (high card Ace)
maxv2: shows [Th Ks] (a straight, Nine to King)
maxv2 collected 1070 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1070 | Rake 0
Board [Qs 8d 9s 6c Jd]
Seat 1: tokenjewboy (big blind) showed [Kc Ad] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 2: maxv2 (button) (small blind) showed [Th Ks] and won (1070) with a straight, Nine to King

Summary: What? he was short stacked, don't hold it against me.

Lucky Semi-bluff hand:
Seat 1: maxv2 (1320 in chips)
Seat 2: bignutsmp (1680 in chips)
bignutsmp: posts small blind 10
maxv2: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to maxv2 [9h Qh]
bignutsmp: raises 40 to 60
maxv2: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [4d 2h Kd]
maxv2: checks
bignutsmp: checks
*** TURN *** [4d 2h Kd] [4h]
maxv2: checks
bignutsmp: bets 60
maxv2: raises 120 to 180
bignutsmp: calls 120
*** RIVER *** [4d 2h Kd 4h] [5h]
maxv2: bets 540
bignutsmp: calls 540
*** SHOW DOWN ***
maxv2: shows [9h Qh] (a flush, Queen high)
bignutsmp: mucks hand
maxv2 collected 1560 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1560 | Rake 0
Board [4d 2h Kd 4h 5h]
Seat 1: maxv2 (big blind) showed [9h Qh] and won (1560) with a flush, Queen high
Seat 2: bignutsmp (button) (small blind) mucked [Kc 9d]

Summary: He made the classic "check a raised flop that hit top pair" move. Obviously if he leads out on this flop, I fold. Instead I sensed weakness (and was wrong) and made a move. Lucky enough for me I spiked the flush on the river. Honestly if I had missed, I would've made more of a value bet bluff on the river which wouldn't have worked. Instead I got lucky and totally overbet, which is always fun.

Until next time. -Max

No comments: