Monday, November 17, 2008

11/16 : +315

So I figure that a good way to go about this blog is to just post weekly.  I'm relatively busy and it's hard to add something like this to my daily routine.  However, this will be easy to maintain weekly and it'll make for more interesting material as far as what's going on in my life.  Today was a pretty good day, I drove back to Orono from Portland and watched football until about 8.  Then I played just 2 games, one against Layne Flack "Reloadthis" for $215 and another against a super aggressive guy.  I felt a little bad about the game against Flack, he timed out a lot and I picked up some free pots mid-hand that could've gone either way because he wouldn't act in time.  In the end I made a good call with 99 on a Q67Q7 board and then flipped for his half stack (750) and won 44 vs QJ.  Then I lost a flip against the other guys half stack after knocking him down, then got into an awful situation after the flop at 50/100 blinds, here's how it went.  

Seat 1: grubel9 (1285 in chips) 

Seat 2: maxv2 (1715 in chips) 

grubel9: posts small blind 50

maxv2: posts big blind 100

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to maxv2 [6d As]

grubel9: calls 50

maxv2: raises 200 to 300

grubel9: calls 200

*** FLOP *** [9h 4s 6h]

maxv2: bets 300

grubel9: raises 685 to 985 and is all-in

maxv2: calls 685

*** TURN *** [9h 4s 6h] [Ad]

*** RIVER *** [9h 4s 6h Ad] [Qs]

*** SHOW DOWN ***

maxv2: shows [6d As] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)

grubel9: shows [7h 8h] (high card Ace)

maxv2 collected 2570 from pot

I really didn't expect him to call the raise pre-flop, I just wanted to take it down there...but that didn't work out.  Then I flopped middle pair top kicker and was pretty much committed after my $300 lead out.  I know it wasn't a great play, but this guy was over aggressive so I went with it.  Somehow I won, I was about 32% after the flop, but that A on the turn shifted me to 68% which was nice.  So I ended up done for the day after just two games...nice.  Let me know if there's anything in particular anyone would like me to talk about! Peace

3 comments:

Qi said...

If you can talk about your BR management skills, that would be appreciated. You have one of the most consistent graphs of any player, with a great ROI too. You were playing 330's for a while, and I wonder how/why you sometimes go back to 110's.

Anonymous said...

What hand converter can I use to submit a hand...tried leggopoker, but doesnt work....good to see you´re back up blogging.

bpmst2 said...

Max, I remeber you used to just set goals of +2 a day. I fooled around with that some, but does it work effectively for u? what if some days u can play a lot while others ur busy. DO u think stick to this schedule or adjust accordingly?
bpm