Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12/10 : +150

Before I start rembling here's my latest piece:



I haven't really played much at all, I've been busy with a lot of things such as lifting, classes, work and finishing up this project.  All I have left for the year is one more group film to finish that I'm the assistant editor and sound technician of.  I have a lot of time over the next few days to play so hopefully I can make some money; although it's not exactly a need at the moment.  I don't have any hand histories tonight, I played at the office but I'll get something together tomorrow.  I will talk about a hand which kind of baffled me in the way my opponent played it.  I had 46s out of position at 10/20 blinds.  He standard raised and I called.  Flop came 26J he led out 80 I called.  Turn 6 he bets 300, and at this point I have no idea of he has a monster like 2's J's or A6 and I generally play these situations cautiously out of position so I just call.  River 7 he moves in for 1k more (we were even stacked going into this hand, forgot to mention that) and I decided that there wasn't enough that could beat me to fold so I called.  He turned over J7 for top 2 and I took it down.  I don't understand why he wouldn't simply check the turn with the scare 6 coming in position and let me do the betting on the river with a good chance that I'd bluff a missed draw and eliminating the risk of losing so much to my 6.  I can understand that he beats a lot of hands there, and there's a lot of value in that hand.  But what else do I call that flop with other then a 6? I know a J with a different kicker is possible, but that's a strange assumption to make in my opinion.  I think a check on the turn is almost automatic if I'm in his shoes.  Ok, I'll check back in soon now that I'm not so busy. -maxv2

No comments: