Monday, November 19, 2007

11/19 : A Little History

In response to the comment, I originally started as a tournament and 9-handed sitngo player. I made my first scores for $120 in a 7-card stud tournament and then went on a run in hold em winning about $2000 in the span of about 4 days. From there I started on 9-handed sitngos after cashing out $1000...I went broke...obviously. From there I received a $10 transfer from a friend and wanted to try and run it up fast, so I figured I could play these litte "1 on 1" games to try and build...and well, I built. From that $10 I've never been broke. I just fell in love with the speed and rush that came inherently from heads up poker. I started to pick up on betting tendencies and develop instincts. From there I began watching the high stakes games for long periods every day, trying to figure out what they were doing that made them so successful (I still do this today, but just out of curiousity). I don't generally read poker related books or articles, however I did read one thing that claimed to never gamble more then 5-10% of your bankroll at once. I've generally followed that rule, however nowadays I play small stakes so that I can keep up with my ever evolving life. At some point when I graduate I'd like to become my aggressive with my money and attempt to become "rich". But honestly, I really enjoy just coasting off of $700-$800 a week which takes anywhere from 5-15 hours to make throughout that week. Anyways, here's some hands of the day.

Quick Daily Summary: Lost two 50's to start the day, then played three 100's and won them all to boot my account up to 3k so that I could cash 1k out.

Mistake of the day:
PokerStars Game #13321365997: Tournament #67590917, $55.00+$2.50 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level V (75/150) - 2007/11/18 - 15:51:51 (ET)
Table '67590917 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: micaninho (1550 in chips)
Seat 2: maxv2 (1450 in chips)
maxv2: posts small blind 75
micaninho: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to maxv2 [3h 9d]
maxv2: calls 75
micaninho: checks
*** FLOP *** [Qs Qc Qh]
micaninho: checks
maxv2: checks
*** TURN *** [Qs Qc Qh] [Jh]
micaninho: checks
maxv2: checks
*** RIVER *** [Qs Qc Qh Jh] [8d]
micaninho: bets 300
maxv2: raises 450 to 750
micaninho: raises 650 to 1400 and is all-in
maxv2: folds
micaninho collected 1800 from pot
micaninho: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1800 | Rake 0
Board [Qs Qc Qh Jh 8d]
Seat 1: micaninho (big blind) collected (1800)
Seat 2: maxv2 (button) (small blind) folded on the River

Summary: Honestly, I have no idea what I was thinking. This guys had become somewhat aggressive at this point in the game, and I felt as though if I stole this pot I could grind out an easy win from here. What I actually did, was make a totally unnecessary move that left me short and desperate. I went on to lose the game...obviously.

Heroic Move of the Day:
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to maxv2 [Jh Qs]
maxv2: raises 50 to 100
teoretik: calls 50
*** FLOP *** [5s 9s Kc]
teoretik: checks
maxv2: bets 100
teoretik: calls 100
*** TURN *** [5s 9s Kc] [Th]
teoretik: checks
maxv2: bets 200
teoretik: raises 350 to 550
maxv2: raises 500 to 1050
teoretik: calls 360 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [5s 9s Kc Th] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
teoretik: shows [5c 5d] (three of a kind, Fives)
maxv2: shows [Jh Qs] (a straight, Nine to King)
maxv2 collected 2220 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2220 | Rake 0
Board [5s 9s Kc Th 3c]
Seat 1: teoretik (big blind) showed [5c 5d] and lost with three of a kind, Fives
Seat 2: maxv2 (button) (small blind) showed [Jh Qs] and won (2220) with a straight, Nine to King

Summary: This guy was playing pretty tight throughout, and I generally don't make continuation bets based on something as light as a gutshot draw (I feel like continuation bets are getting out of control in headsup, this whole auto-continuation bet phase that headsup is in...is totally lame.) Anyways, had the turn come blank, I would have checked and picked up the free river cards. However, alas...I nailed it on the turn and continued my aggression. I was pleasently suprised to find a re-reaise in my lap, and then immediately worried when a flipped a set over. Always a scary river, but I survived this one.

P.S. thanks for the comments, they inspire me to write more often...feel free to ask me anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey
ihad the q so easy push when u reraised

micaninho